The portafilter handles are handcrafted masterpieces - perfectly finished, balanced and a dream to look at and feel. The materials are identical to those of the barista handles.
Pullman Portafilter Handle - Powder Coated - Bright Red
Powder coatings are paints that are applied to metal and other conductive surfaces. They generate less waste than liquid coatings and are free of organic solvents.
The material to be coated - here the aluminum handle - is negatively charged by electrical voltage. The positively charged powder adheres to the resulting electrical field and is baked in the oven.
The handles are easy to clean, available in every imaginable color and wonderfully customizable.
Slightly more sensitive to impact and scratch damage than anodized handles.
Cleaning & maintaining your Pullman portafilter is very easy. A few simple measures will significantly extend the life of your Pullman product:
- your portafilter, like your tamper, is an important tool for the perfect extraction that likes to be treated with care :-)
- It is advisable to remove the basket after use, rinse it and then dry it with a soft cloth
- You can also leave the portafilter clamped after use - then it cannot fall down
- don't forget to clean and flush the brewing group with a brewing group brush beforehand :-)
- Do not use sharp or abrasive household or gastro cleaning agents
- do not clean in the dishwasher
- Wooden handles are treated with a Danish oil and absorb skin oils and sweat with normal use
- In case of intensive use, it can be treated with Danish oil. Always wipe off excess oil immediately to ensure even distribution
- the basket support bodies are chrome-plated or made of stainless steel, depending on the version. On the chrome models, if the portafilter is accidentally dropped, the chrome may flake off, which can subsequently lead to rust. So please avoid such 'accidents'
- Stainless steel is more robust in this respect, but of course avoid falls of all kinds. Contrary to popular belief, stainless steel is not entirely immune to rust. So-called flash rust is also possible here. However, this does not damage the material and can be removed with lemon juice, for example
Pullman accepts no liability for damage resulting from improper handling